You do not have to buy additional insurance if you take the car into Kosovo.
If you enter neighbouring countries, you must purchase a Green Card for the cover to be effective. The Green Card can be bought at the border as you leave Albania for €40 and lasts 15 days. If you prefer not to buy the Green Card yourself, we can provide it instead if given advance notice, at a cost of €45.
We’re happy for you to drive our Ladas in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro and North Macedonia. Unfortunately we can’t let you take them into Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria or Greece.
Pay an Extra €50 for Full Cover
If you want complete peace of mind, we recommend you purchase our full cover when you hire the vehicle, at an additional €50. This covers the full value of the vehicle in the event of an accident in which no third party is involved, or a collision which is deemed by the authorities to be your fault.
This isn’t permission for you to destroy the car when you take it off-road, though! Damage caused by careless driving resulting in broken suspension components, such as shock absorbers or steering arms, and damage to the chassis or under-body of the car or a flooded engine are not covered by any insurance policy!
We ask you to be mindful that we are a small outfit, and to treat our vehicles as if they are your own.
Cash Damage Deposit of €250
Because we assume you are going to take our cars off road, we ask for a cash damage deposit of €250. This will be returned in full assuming you return the car undamaged.
We take this deposit even if you have paid the €50 extra for full cover, mainly as an incentive for you to drive responsibly when you take the car off-road.
What You’re Covered For
- Third-party damage if it is deemed by the authorities to be the other party’s fault.
- Collisions damage if it is deemed by the authorities to be the other party’s fault.
What You’re NOT Covered For (Unless You Buy Full Cover for €50)
- 100% of the cost of any damage if no third party is involved, or a collision which is deemed by the authorities to be your fault.
- Convergence – if you knock the steering out of alignment we will take €50 from your deposit for new convergence.
- Tyres (flat tyres can usually be repaired by any tyre shop; however, if we need to replace the tyre we will take €100 from your deposit).
- Dented body panels if no third party was involved in the incident (i.e. reversing into a post or similar damage caused by careless driving).
- Broken windows or lights if no third party was involved in the incident.
What You’re NOT Covered For Under Any Circumstances
- Careless driving resulting in under-body, chassis & suspension damage.
- Damage incurred by driving a road specifically prohibited by us. Currently we prohibit our cars being driven the off-road section to Gjipe beach and the trails to the south of Lura National Park, as underbody damage or destroyed tyres are inevitable.
- Loss of vehicle documentation (we will retain your deposit in full).
- Engine destruction / damage due to attempting to cross rivers and deep water.
- Loss of ancillary components such as jack, snow chains, tools etc.
- Loss of car licence plate(s) following a minor accident (we will retain the deposit in full).
- Loss of personal possessions from the car due to theft or any other cause.
- Damage to tents or camping equipment supplied with the vehicle.
- Damage to the interior of the car, i.e. spillages (we will take a cleaning fee of €80 from your deposit).
- Paint damage caused by sun-cream or chemical / solvent spillages.
- Travel in Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Bulgaria or Greece.